DescriptionThis workshop meets three times:
Thursday October 21 (10:00 am – 3:00 pm)
Wednesday October 27 (10:00 am – 3:00 pm)
Thursday October 28 (10:00 am – 3:00 pm)
Participants should be able to dress a 4-shaft loom.
$25.00 materials fee due to instructor on the first day of the workshop.
We have updated our pandemic protocols because of the new health recommendations from the CDC and local health officials guidance on Cape Cod, as well as for the health, safety and well-being of our students, staff and teachers.
CLICK HERE to review our updated Pandemic Protocols.
Gretchen Romey- Tanzer is offering a three-day design and round-robin weaving class. This is an exciting opportunity to bring your weaving skills to the next level by learning design principles from a master weaver!
- Day One; Designing on Paper:
- The first of three sessions will involve understanding different weave structures possible on 4 shaft floor looms. Participants will work on graph paper with graphite pencils and colored pencils to design and understand the different properties of weave structures, (twills, twill derivatives, unit weaves, and grouped threads) will be covered.
- At the end of the first session each participant will be given a set of directions and a pre-wound warp to dress a 4-shaft floor or table loom with one of the weave structures we covered in class.
- There should be several days, up to a week, between the first day of class and the second and third day of class to give the participant time to set up a loom.
- Day Two and Three: Round Robin Weaving.
- Each participant will spend time weaving the different weave structures that have been set up on various looms.
- There will be break-out opportunities during the day to discuss and observe the different weave structures as they develop.
- Day Three: Weaving, Finishing, and Organizing the Samples.
- In the end, each participant will have a notebook of samples and drafts from the weaving experience. These can be used to design future projects.
Falmouth Art Center Refund Policy:
Refunds will not be given within one month of the start of a workshop. Workshops are not pro-rated. A $25 processing fee is withheld from all refunds.
The Art Center reserves the right to cancel any workshop due to insufficient enrollment, in which case tuition will be fully refunded.