Thursdays: 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
January 11th – March 1st
Experience breakthroughs in versatility and flexibility as you:
- SEE – observe techniques and materials demonstrated in new ways and combinations
- SAMPLE – experiment with the strategies shown and build on them in your own personal style
- APPLY – gather your results to create exciting compositions which highlight your new approaches
We will be creating designer papers in addition to using washi tape, photos, magazine pages, music sheets, etc. We’ll experiment with paint, ink, printing, and found objects.
Some materials will be supplied by the instructor.
NOTE: We will talk about the qualities of different paints, glues, and grounds in the first class. If you already have materials to bring, please do so. If not, you may use the instructor’s materials for the first class before deciding what you’d like to buy.
o Paints: water based (not oil) for faster drying.
o Papers: assorted – may range from thin to heavier for different effects.
o Brushes: for applying paint and glue
o Grounds: the final backing for your collage – heavy paper, illustration board, hardboard, etc.
o An adhesive: white glue, Mod Podge, acrylic matte medium, etc.
o One palette knife for mixing paint
o Smock, apron or old shirt to protect clothing
o 2 or 3 plastic water containers (e.g. margarine tub or larger)
o Something to hold paints: coated paper plates, paint trays, palettes, cups . . .
o Roll of paper towels – Bounty Select-A-Size is a good choice
o Small spray bottle to mist paints
o Pencil and kneaded eraser if you have one
Stamps, stencils, brayers, water soluble crayons, permanent markers, color pencils, natural items (dry leaves, grasses, feathers…), unique papers (tissue, washi, gift wrap, rice paper…), magazine pictures and lettering, doilies, lace, etc – etc – etc
Sources for supplies:
• A.C. Moore – Hyannis: www.acmoore.com Sunday sale flyer has discount coupon
• Michael’s – Falmouth, Sunday sale flyer has discount coupon; also phone coupons
• Woodruff’s – Mashpee Commons in Stop n Shop plaza
• Walmart – now has a craft department in the middle of the Falmouth store
• Dick Blick – www.dickblick.com discounted art supplies and monthly specials
• Jerry’s ArtaRama www.jerrysartarama.com discounted art supplies/monthly specials
• Cheap Joe’s – www.cheapjoes.com discounted art supplies and monthly specials
Christina Jacobi holds degrees in both Art Education and Technology. While painting and mixed media are her primary interests, she also uses photography and computers to broaden her boundaries. Chris has exhibited widely on the Cape in both group and solo shows. She has taught in schools, colleges, libraries, and art centers for many years. Chris enjoys watching students of all ages as they learn to relax into the arts and have fun!