Falmouth Art Center Book Club!
If you would like to participate in our upcoming Book Club please email us at email@example.com.
The Falmouth Art Center Book Club will hold a discussion about the book on Thursday, December 9 from 4 to 5pm on Zoom. This discussion is free and open to the public.
Discussion of Diwali, Hindu celebration of light and books on the holiday.
This is a unique book talk in that we are recommending a host of books that discuss the holiday specifically and Hindu and Indian culture broadly. We will be joined by community members of Indian heritage. Here are suggestions of books:
1. Festival of Lights by Rina Singh
2. Hindu Festivals by Dilip Kadodwala
3. Being Hindu: Understanding a Peaceful Path in a Violent World by Hindol Sengupta
4. Hindu Festivals by Swasti Mitter
5. Diwali: The Hindu Festival of Lights, Feasts and Family by Michelle Parker-Rock
6. Hinduism: A Very short Introduction by Kim Knott
7. Prince of Fire: The Story of Diwali by Jatlinder Verma [children’s book]
8. The Story of Divaali by Jatlinder Verma [children’s book]
The Following Suggested Books are presented by Sara Hines and can be purchased at 8 Cousins Bookstore in downtown Falmouth– click on the links for more info.