Falmouth Art Center Members are invited to submit to a Members Exhibition at the Cape Cod Museum of Art, Dennis, MA.
Submit your work online here: www.ccmoa.org/falmouth-guild
Exhibition Dates: November 5, 2020 – January 17, 2021
- Foster new relationships with The Falmouth Art Center and its Members
- Showcase and promote participating artists and their artwork through a juried exhibition of artwork by members of the Falmouth Art Center in the Polhemus Savery DaSilva Gallery and adjacent Bilezikian Museum Lobby Gallery at the CCMoA
- Create an on-line gallery of juried artworks for international access to exhibition
- Provide electronic exhibition invitations to participants
- Host event reception during exhibit (dependent on Covid-19 safety guidelines)
- Make available 2 guest museum admission passes to the CCMoA per invited artist (each guest pass covers the admission of 2 people)
Falmouth Artist Guild Instructions
- Falmouth Art Center Members are invited to submit their artwork via digital images no later than October 27, 2020, to be juried by Benton Jones, Director of Art, CCMoA.
- Digital image submission(s) should follow guidelines provided for the best possible representation of your artwork.
- Members of the Falmouth Art Center may submit up to 3 images of their artwork to be juried. The total number of artwork(s) selected will depend on the size of artwork selected and space limitations, but will be between 30 and 42 works.
- The submission fee is $10 per artwork, with a 3 artwork limit per artist.
- Artwork to be juried shall include: title of piece (if applicable), size, medium and artist’s website / gallery representation (optional).
- The largest size of 2 dimensional artwork submitted shall be no more than 40” x 30” framed.
- Photography, printmaking, textile, multi-media and 3 dimensional artwork will be considered in addition to paintings in all media.
- Artists will be notified of juror’s decision by 5 pm on October 30, 2020 via email and a list of invited artists and accepted works will be posted on the CCMoA website.
- Selected Artwork must to be delivered to the museum on Monday, November 2nd between 1-3 pm, or beforehand by special arrangement.
- All art submitted shall be framed (if applicable) and ready to hang or display.
- Guild Members are encouraged to promote the exhibition within the Guild and within the Falmouth Art Center community.
- Artwork will not be offered for sale while on exhibition in the CCMoA. However, the CCMoA will provide contact information to interested parties if provided by the artist. Neither the Museum Staff nor Volunteers will actively participate in commercial transactions.
- Artwork must be picked up on January 18th from 1-3 pm following the exhibition or by special arrangement.
Formatting Your Images: Image Specifications
For the upcoming Falmouth Art Center Artist’s Exhibition at the CCMoA from November 5 – Jan 17, please submit up to three artworks via digital images by October 27, 2020.
From these image submissions, between 30 and 42 artists will be selected to participate in the exhibition by Benton Jones, the CCMoA Director of Art, and asked to drop off their selected artwork at the Cape Cod Museum of Art on Monday, November 2nd between 1 pm and 3 pm.
Photography, multi-media art, works on paper and sculpture, in addition to paintings, will be considered for the exhibition. Pedestal work must fit on a 18 x 18 base; freestanding work of any size is also acceptable.
Below are the image requirements for your digital submissions.
Requirement Description Details Dimensions 1000 pixels minimum on the shortest side Your images should be a minimum of 1000 pixels wide with proportional height to allow for viewing of close-up details. File Type JPG, JPEG, or PNG We accept images saved as any of these 3 file types. File Size 5 MB Maximum On most computers, if you have the folder with your images open you can select “Show Details” which will display your image size. File Name LastName-Title-Medium-Size Example: jones-lighthouse-oiloncanvas-22×25.jpg